Sunday, May 08, 2005

Reunification Day

Uta arrived in Melbourne on Friday morning to find me conspicuously absent. My well-timed journey to the airport to meet her fell apart when my train stopped at every station along the city loop except Spencer Street Station (don’t ask me why-something about it being the first Friday in an odd numbered month), forcing me to back track on foot (which was actually faster than waiting for the next train). This delay was exacerbated by the fact that Uta's flight arrived about 20 minutes early. By the time I caught up with her, she'd made a number of friends in the airport and was contemplating why she married me in the first place. She now gets to temporarily enjoy a life of leisure - exploring Melbourne and relaxing after completing her second Masters degree and an international move in the same week.

No comments: