Monday, May 02, 2005

And the Winner Is. . .

For those who seek to demonstrate their intellectual gigantism by pointing out errors on this weblog with respect to spelling and/or grammar, I have chosen to create a special place to acknowledge your great achievements. [I find this marginally more amusing than actually going back and making corrections.] You will be recognized in the Copy Editors' Hall of Fame, and I'll keep a running count of the errors you catch. To ensure that points are awarded only for the truly trivial mistake, no points will be awarded for errors of fact or mistakes made in languages other than English.

At present, there are only two contenders, both of which are members of my immediate family (coincidence?), with my brother Tad tied with my mother at one point a piece. I'm sure you will all be enthralled as this battle of wits unfolds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you are the sole proprietor of this site, it should be Copy Editor's Hall of Fame, unless you have either a) enlisted help to copy edit your blog or b)are combining your Hall of Fame with that of other publications.

Sincerely,
The Pedant

BP said...

Ahhh, but I'm not the copy editor, and clearly deserve no place in a hall of fame, hence the creation of this contest in the first place. Rather, the copy editors are those individuals (n>1)who have voluntary taken on this role.

Anonymous said...

me, I am a culpa

da pedan'

Anonymous said...

Is your brothers name Tad? or Ted? I thought perhaps you were testing your readers.