Monday, March 07, 2005

Hi-5


Hi-5
Originally uploaded by BLP.
I tracked down a new place to live yesterday - so for the next few months, I'll be on Tivoli Street in South Yarra, a popular neighborhood just across the Yarra River from downtown Melbourne.

I moved some of my stuff over last night and while sitting on the train, I read through "MX News" - essentially a throw away paper for commuters (you folks in DC are now familiar with this kind of thing) - and learned all sorts of wonderful things.

First and foremost, I became aware of the "Aussie Superstars" High-5 (seen here), a group of apparently quite popular child entertainers. They've even got a U.S. website (http://www.hi-5us.com/). High-5 performed Sunday at Federation Square (because nothing says Grad Prix like a dance troupe for kids). I was at Federation Square on Saturday, but all I got to see was the "Vodaphone dancers". Hi-5 still has a long way to go, however, to catch up with the Wiggles.

My horoscope stated "A decision you made several months ago could be a cause for regret." Hmmm. . . several months ago - right about the time I decided to quit my job, move to Australia, and get married. Great. Thanks.

I also learned that Will Smith's kid is having trouble with rhythm and rhyming.

No comments: