Saturday, May 12, 2007

Youth Group


We wrapped up the working week last night by catching Youth Group (see also here) at Richmond's own Corner Hotel. The Corner is Melbourne's premier small venue for music, and despite having lived in the neighbourhood for over two years, we only now found a reason to drop in. The venue reminded me quite a bit of the old 9:30 Club in DC, but a little bit cleaner and with a huge rooftop beer garden. The show was short and sweet - YG's set was only an hour, preceeded by 45 minutes from Gersey (which seems like an unnecessarily avante garde spelling of Jersey, but I'm sure there's another connection I'm missing). For $20, we couldn't go wrong, and the music didn't fail to please. But, I have to admit, when I walked in the door and saw the schedule for the evening "Youth Group - 11:15 to 12:15", I thought to myself, "man, I'm too old for this shit. . ."

No comments: