Monday, July 31, 2006

Cape Otway


I enjoyed a brief visit to Cape Otway a couple of weeks ago in order to give a presentation to the Cape Otway Shire on climate change. I had the pleasure of spending the night at the Cape Otway Centre for Conservation Ecology - a delightful eco B&B if you will. Arriving at night, I had somewhat of a harrowing trip along the Great Ocean Road through rain and hail, made all the more spooky by the fact that I was apparently the only idiot in the area dumb enough to drive it under those conditions. I also initially drove straight past the Cape Otway Centre, but realised my error when it was clear that it was the only place on the Cape with a light on. I also had a lovely return trip through the Shire's dairy lands - very nice country around there. Some photos (taken in haste, some behind the wheel) are available here.

No comments: